地道的英文口语对话
地道口语:“自食苦果”英语怎么说
Larry准备参加马拉松比赛,李华在帮他进行赛前训练。他们会用到两个常用语:on the dot和get a taste of one's own medicine。
LH: Larry,加油,就剩500米了!冲刺冲刺! Larry: (Out of breath) How...did...I do? LH: 成绩不错,但还是没进15分钟。
Larry: (Still a bit out of breath) Let me see that watch...Hey, this isn't above 15 minutes...this is 15 minutes on the dot!
LH: Dot? 点点?这个秒表是新的,上面什么都没有啊!
Larry: No, no. The watch is fine. I'm talking about the time. Look...it says 15:00. Exactly fifteen minutes...Fifteen minutes on the dot。
LH: 哦,on the dot就是“正好”的意思。你是说,你刚才的成绩是正好15分钟。可是Larry,我的意思是,你还是没有冲破15分这个关口。这样你下个月参加比赛时,名次是不会理想的!
Larry: I know, I know... wait a minute. Next month? I thought I had way more time to prepare than that!
LH: 啊?你忘啦?距离比赛还有整整一个月,30 days on the dot! Larry: Well, at least I'm making progress...fifteen minutes is my best time so far. I think I'm done running for today。
LH: 好吧,那今天就练到这儿吧。天儿也够热的`,今天是35 degrees on the dot,35度呢!
Larry: Well, when you're running, it feels more like 40 degrees on the dot!
LH: 不过回家前,你还得做30个仰卧起坐。
Larry: You sure are a strict coach...how do you know so much about training?
LH: (得意地)我高中是田径队的,教练特严格,我都是跟他学的!严师出高徒嘛!
Larry: Oh really?? (pauses for a moment as if hatching a plan) You know, Li Hua, there's a couple's race as well on race day. I think you and I should be a team!
LH: 双人跑?我也参加?那可不行,我整整10年没跑步了!10 years on the dot!
Larry: Hey, you've been making me run all over this track for the past week; I think it's only fair that you got to taste of your own medicine。
LH: 什么,taste of my own medicine? 我的药的味道?
Larry: Actually, you've been working me so hard, but now it's time for you to go through the same ordeal that you had put me through. In other words, you're getting a taste of your own medicine。
LH: 我明白了,get a taste of my own medicine就是自食苦果。你是说,这几天我逼你练得那么辛苦,现在你也要让我尝尝同样的滋味。
Larry: Right! Let's start early tomorrow...be here at 7 am on the dot. I can't wait to give you a taste of your own medicine!
地道口语:用英语聊星座 1. What's your sign? 你是什么星座的?
2. I don't think astrology is blind faith. It holds waterin many instances。
我认为占星术不是迷信,它很多时候还是站得住脚的。
3. I'm not superstitious. The horoscope sometimes turns out to be accurate。
不是我迷信,星座运势有时还是很准的。 4. He's a typical Taurus。
他是个典型的金牛座。
5. A Scorpio girl and a Pisces guy have the potential to become good friends。
天蝎座的女孩与双鱼座的男孩很有可能成为好朋友。
6. A Sagittarius person is stereotyped as energetic, adventurous, and with a good sense of humor。
射手座给人的一般印象是活力四射,爱冒险而又不失幽默感。 7.As a person born under the sign of Cancer, I am home-loving and wish for a peaceful family life。
我是巨蟹座的,天生恋家,希望稳稳当当过日子。
8. It's too narrow-minded to judge people by using astrology. It's all steoreotypes。
用星座理论来判断人未免也太绝对化、片面化了吧。
9. Pisces is a Water element. It is extremely receptive, compassionate, and other-directed。
双鱼座是水相星座。双鱼非常善于接纳、富有同情心、但缺乏自主性。
10. The fire element of Arise brings assertive \"I\" energy。 火相星座的特质使白羊座具有非常自信的自我力量。
11. The Air element of Gemini brings communication, intellect and speed。
风向星座的特质让双子座具有沟通能力、智慧和速度。
12. Leo is Fire to the core! Fire brings a desire to create, innovate, and lead。
狮子座是彻底的火相星座。火引发了创造、革新和领导的欲望。 13. Ruled by shape-shifting Mercury, Virgo works hard to stability。
在千变万化的水星的控制下,处女座需要努力才能获得稳定。 14. Libra represents the Air element. It is a sign that is more extroverted and active。
天秤座是风相星座。其特性比较外向和主动。
15. Capricorn is the leader of the Earth signs. It is one of the hardest-working signs of the Zodiac。
魔羯座是土相星座的领头人,是黄道12宫里最努力工作的星座。 16. Aquarius has astonishing intellectual and communication skill。
水瓶座具有令人吃惊的智慧和沟通能力。 地道口语:用英语表达“上当了”
日常生活中每个人都不可避免要买很多东西,但有些人擅长买到价廉物美的满意物品,而有些人就总是受骗上当。你是哪一类买主呢?
1. Mary was done brown! 玛丽上当了!
2. He was dumped on。 他上当了。
3. You have been spoofed。 你上当了。
4. You've really been taken。 你真的上当了。
5. You have fallen into the trap。 你们上当了。
6. We were all fooled by him。 我们都上了他的当。
7. We got screwed when we bought this house。 我们买这所房子时上当了。
8. We were tricked into buying a poor car。 我们受骗上当买了一辆破汽车。
9. I've been diddled! Half of these tomatoes are bad! 我上当了! 这些番茄有一半是坏的。
10. You've been sold a pup again. That car you bought is a wreck。
你又上当了。你买的那辆汽车是个废物。 【地道的英文口语对话】
因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容