您的当前位置:首页英语委婉语气表达法

英语委婉语气表达法

2021-12-17 来源:乌哈旅游


英语交际中,为了使对方能愉快地接受自己的请求、建议、命令、警告等,往往要用委婉语气,尤其在口语中。现将常见的表达方法荟萃如下:

一、用“Will you...?”提出请求等

(1) Will you (please) lend me some writing paper? 请借给我一些信纸好吗?

(2) Won’t you sit down and have some whisky? 要不要坐下来喝点儿威士忌?

二、用would开头的句式提出请求

1. Would you (please/kindly)... ?

(1) I didn’t quite catch your name. Would you spell it, please? 我没听清你的名字,请拼一下好吗?

(2) Would you kindly drive me home?你能不能开车送我回家?

2. Would it be possible /too much (for me)to...?

(1) Would it be possible for me to take three days off next month? 我可不可以在下个月请三天假?

(2) Would it be too much to ask you to look after my baby for a moment? 你可以帮我看一会儿孩子吗?

3. Would you be kind/good enough to /so kind as to...?

(1) Would you be kind/good enough to meet us at the port? 麻烦你到机场接我们好吗?

(2) Would you be so kind as to keep me informed? 请随时告诉我一些情况好吗?

4. Would you mind (my) doing...?

Would you mind my turning down the volume of the television? 你不介意我把电视声音关小点儿吧?

5. Would you mind if I ...?

Would you mind if I asked you a question? 我可以问你一个问题吗?

三、shall用于第一人称和第三人称,构成疑问句,提出建议或征求对方意见

(1) Shall we go to the concert tonight? 我 们今晚去听音乐会好吗?

(2) Shall she come at once? 要她马上来吗?

四、用would, should, could, might表示看法、提出建议或忠告等

(1) It would seem that something is wrong with the truck. 看来这部卡车出毛病

了。

(2) There might/could have been an accident in the street.街上可能出事故了。

(3) I should /wouldhave thought she isn’t so careless. 我本以为她不至于那么粗心。

(4) We should start out earlier tomorrow. 明天我们得早点出发。

(5) You have a slight fever. I could go out to buy you some medicine. 你有点儿发烧,我可以帮你买些药。

(6) You might invite him to attend your wedding. 你不妨请他参加你们的婚礼。

(7) Wouldn’t it be a good idea to cut down your drinking? 你少喝点儿酒不是个好办法吗?

五、用“Let’s...,OK/shall/shan’t we?”提出建议

(1) Let’s discuss this problem at next meeting, OK/ shall we? 我们下次会议再讨论这一问题好吗?

(2) Let’s go upstairs to the Ladies’ Wear Department, shall/shan’t we? 咱们到楼上女子服装部去好吗?

六、用带just/kindly/please的祈使句或“祈使句

+will you/won’t you/can you/ could you?”

命令或请求

(1) Just drop me off at the airport. It’s not necessary to see me off. 到机场让我下车就行,不必送我起飞了。

(2) Get some chalk quickly, will you?快拿点粉笔来好吗?

(3) Please give my love to your parents and Kate, won’t you? 请代我向你父母和凯特问好好吗?

七、用“Have you thought of/ considered doing...?”提出建议

(1) Have you thought of/ considered buying a new house? 你考虑过买套新房子吗?

(2) I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but have you thought of /considered giving up drinking? 我希望你不介意我这样说,但你考虑过戒酒吗?

八、用“I wonder /I’m wondering/I was wondering if/whether ...”提出请求

(1) I wonder if I could have a word with you right now. 不知道我可不可以现在和你说几句话。

(2) I’m wondering if you’d guide me in my studies. 不知您可否愿意指导我做

研究。

(3) I was wondering whether youwould care to spend the weekend with us. 不知你是否愿意和我们一起度周末。

九、用“I’m not sure.../I doubt...”或

“I’m afraid.../I’m sorrry.../If you don’t mind...”等表示怀疑或反对

(1) —David is an efficient man. 戴维是个能干的人。

—I’m not sure he has the ability to do the work well. 我没把握他有能力处理此事。 (2) I doubt if he will keep his words. 我怀疑 他会不会信守诺言。

(3) If you don’t mind me/my saying, there are certain factors you haven’t taken into account. 如果你不介意的话,我得说,有些因素你没考虑进去。

(4) I’m sorry I think you’re mistaken there. 对不起,我认为你弄错了。

(5) I’m afraid you have misrepresented the facts. 恐怕你没说真话。

十、用if/unless引导的条件句提出警告

(1) If you give up the chance to further your studies abroad, you will regret it. 如果你放弃这次出国进修的机会,你会后悔的。

(2) If you don’t make notes in class, you won’t pass the examination. 如果

你们上课不做笔记,考试就不会及格。

(3) You’ll be late for the meeting unless you hurry. 你要是不快点儿,就不能按时参加会议了。

十一、用“If you will do...”从句(will表示意愿)提出请求

(1) If you’ll just sign here, I’ll cash you the check. 请在这里签个字,我给你对现金。

(2) If you will excuse me for a few minutes, I’ll go and tell the manager that you are here.请允许我离开一下,我去告诉经理你来了。

十二、用“Hadn’t you better...?”表示劝告

Hadn’t you better stop smoking here? 你是不是最好别在这里抽烟?

十三、用“祈使句+or/or else/otherwise引导的分句”提出警告

(1) Redouble your efforts or (else) you won’t succeed. 加倍努力,不然你是不会成功的。

(2) Don’t let the wires touch. Otherwise you’ll kill yourself. 别让电线挨着,否则你就没命了。

十四、用肯定句代替否定句表示看法、责难或忠告等

(1) All music is alike to John. 约翰毫无音乐鉴赏能力。

(2) When I want your opinion, I’ll ask for you. 需要征求你的意见时,我会问你的。(请勿插嘴。)

(3) There are pickpockets on the bus. 车 上有扒手。

十五、用否定之否定表达看法等

(1) It is not unfair to treat him so. 这样对他不失公平。

(2) He is a person of no little importance. 此人的作用不可小视。

十六、用wish/hope提出请求、建议等

(1) I wish you don’t make so much noise here. 希望你们别在这儿吵闹。

(2) I hope you don’t mind my asking, but I wonder if you could account this plan? 希望您别介意,不知道您能否就这个计划作一完整说明。

(3) We’re hoping your son will get married earlier. 我们希望你儿子早日完婚。

十七、用more, better, less等比较级表示看法、拒绝等

(1) It is no less than robbery to ask for so much. 要求那么多,跟抢劫有什么两样。

(2) You ought to know better than to do such things. 你不该做这种事。

(3) This is more than I am able to cope with. 这个我做不来。

十八、用maybe/perhaps提出建议、请求或表示反驳、反对等

(1) Maybe we should buy some more cheese. 也许我们该多买些奶酪。

(2) Maybe you could phone me tonight. 或许 你可在晚上给我打电话。

(3) “What a long film!”“Well, maybe, but I found it interesting.”“这部电影好长啊!”“也许是吧,但我觉得很有趣。”

(4) Perhaps there’s another side of the question. 也许这个问题还有另一方面的情况吧!

十九、用插入语或附加问句表示看法等

(1) That’s not quite right, I think.我想,那样不大对头吧!

(2) In my opinion, I don’t think the dishes here are very delicious. 在我看来,这儿的菜不是非常好吃。

(3) Cold weather, isn’t it? 天冷,是吧?

二十、用成语、典故或谚语陈述事实、提出劝告等

(1) Mr Smith is head and ears in debt. 史密 斯先生背了一身债。

(2) Jane took French leave the day before yesterday. 简前天不辞而别。

(3) After seven straight victories the team met its Waterloo. 这只球队连胜七场后残败。

(4) Opportunity seldom knocks twice. 机不可 失,时不再来。

二十一、用一般过去时代替一般现在时、过去进行时代替现在进行时、进行时代替一般时提出请求或询问看法等

(1) I’m sorry to trouble you. Could you check these figures for me? 对不起要麻烦你一下,给我核对一下这些数字行吗?

(2) How did you like the TV series? 你觉得这部电视连续剧怎么样?

(3) I was calling about the open ceremony tomorrow, Mr Hill. 希尔先生,我打电话给您想问一下明天开业典礼的事。

(4) We’ll be expecting you for our concert, Professor Brown. 布朗教授,我们等您来参加我们的音乐会。

二十二、用虚拟语气提出请求或建议

(1) It would be best if you could have translated this article today. 如果你能今

天将这篇文章译完,那就太好了。

(2) What preposition would you advise me to use? 你看我用哪个介词好?

(3) If I were you /in your position, I would say good-bye to her. 如果我是你,我就和她分手了。

(4) Since it has cleared up, we might as well walk. 天已放晴,我们步行去吧。

二十三、用形象、幽默陈述事实等

(1) She covers her family. 她是单身。

(2) This incident closed the door upon his promotion. 这次事件断送了他升迁的机会。

(3) Mr Li does not shine in conversation. 李先生不善辞令。

二十四、在提出命令的祈使句中用降升调或升调

(1) Comedownstairs. 到楼下来吧!

(2) Tell us the truth. 说实话吧!

因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容